Can you record a Google Meet video to watch later or share with others who can’t attend the meeting? This post introduces 5 ways. MiniTool Software, offers free video converter, video recorder, video editor, video downloader, video maker, and many other useful tools.
You can use Google Meet to hold online meetings for free. How to record a Google Meet video call for later watching? This post introduces 5 ways.
What Is Google Meet?
Google Meet is an online meeting app developed by Google. It is an online video communication service. It replaces two previous Google apps: Google Hangouts and Google Chat.
The features of Google Meet include multi-way video and audio calls with a resolution up to 720p. You can use it through web browser or the Android/iOS app.
You can use Google Meet to hold an online video conference to share your presentation, video, desktop with colleagues, teammates, or customers.
Way 1. Record Google Meet with Google Meet Recording
Is Google Meet free?
Any person with a Google Account can host video meetings for free with Google Meet. You can invite up to 100 meeting participants for a meeting, and hold the meet for up to 1 hour per meeting for free.
You can upgrade to the advanced version to get additional features like live streaming, meeting recording, international dial-in numbers, administrative controls, etc.
You can check the details from Google Meet plans and pricing.
Can you use Google Meet recording?
Google Meet recording feature is not free. Only the following Google Meet editions can use this feature: Business Standard/Plus; Enterprise Essentials/Standard/Plus editions; Essentials; G Suite for Education and Enterprise for Education.
To record the Google video meetings, the Google Workspace administrator or the Google Meet administrator have to permit recording for your account.
If you are the meeting organizer or in the same organization as the organizer, you can record a meeting. If you sign into your Google Workspace account as a teacher but not a student, you can also do the Google Meet recording.
Before you start recording Google Meet, it’s advised you inform other meeting participants.
How to turn on or off for Google Meet Recording?
To turn on or turn off the Google Meet recording feature, your account must be a Google Administrator Account.
- Go to the Google Admin console page.
- Click Apps -> Google Workspace -> Google Meet.
- Click Meet video settings and click Recording.
- Then you can check or uncheck the option “Let people record their meetings”.
- Click Save to enable or disable the video recording feature of Google Meet.
How to record a Google Meet?
- To record a video meeting in Google Meet, you can open Google Meet website.
- Click Start or join a meeting.
- After you are in the meeting, you can click More -> Record meeting.
- When the recording finishes, you can click More -> Stop recording. The recording file will be saved to the organizer’s Meet Recordings folder under My Drive. The meeting organizer or the person who started the recording will get the recording link in an email.
Google Meet recording extension
The Google Meet video recording files are saved as .sbv files.
Google Meet recordings location
The Google Meet video recording files are stored in Google Drive, namely, stored in the organizer’s Meet Recordings folder in My Drive. If you are the organizer of the meeting, you can permit the people in your organization to use your Drive and create new files on the Drive.
How to edit Google Meet recording?
To edit the Google Meet recording video file, you can use a professional free video editor like MiniTool MovieMaker. You can import the source video, trim/cut video, add music/subtitles/effects/transitions/motion effect to video, etc. MiniTool MovieMaker lets you export video in MP4 and some other popular formats.
If you want to convert the video recording files to MP4 or any other format, you can also use a clean and free video/audio converter – MiniTool Video Converter. If you want to separate audio from video of the Google Meet recording video file, you can use this tool to convert video to audio format like MP3.
Google Meet recording not showing up
If you don’t see the recording button in Google Meet, it might because of the following reasons:
- The organizer’s Google Drive is not turned on for the meeting participants.
- The Google Administrator doesn’t turn on the recording feature of Google Meet.
- You can only record a Google Meet when you are using Meet on computer. If you are using the Meet app on mobile devices, recording is not available.
Since the Google Meet Recording feature is not free, you can use another popular free screen recorder to record the Google Meet video meetings. Check some popular tools below.
Want to record screen and webcam simultaneously? Here are the top 8 free screen recorders with Facecam to let you easily do the task.
Way 2. Record Google Meet Session with MiniTool Video Converter
MiniTool Video Converter is an all-in-one free video converter, screen recorder, and video downloader that is compabile with Windows.
This program has a built-in free Screen Recorder. You can use it to record any part of your screen and save the recording file to an MP4 file. Therefore, you can use it to record a video meeting on Google Meet for free with no hassle.
This best free video & audio converter for Windows also lets you convert any video or audio file to the desired format in a flash, and download YouTube videos for free for offline playback.
Download and install the 100% clean and free MiniTool Video Converter on your Windows computer, and learn how to record Google Meet with it below.
Step 1. Launch MiniTool Video Converter, and click Screen Record on its main interface.
Step 2. Click Click to record screen to open MiniTool Screen Recorder window. Here you can select your Google Meet window on your screen to record.
Step 3. Click the down-arrow icon to select region to record. Click the red Record button to start recording.
Step 4. Press F6 to stop the recording, and click Open folder icon at the lower-left corner to check the recording MP4 file.
Way 3. Record a Google Meet Video via Game Bar
You can use the Windows built-in free screen recording tool Game Bar to record screen video and audio.
- At first, you can turn on Game Bar on Windows 10. Press Windows + I, click Gaming -> Game bar, turn on the “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” option.
- After enabling Game Bar, you can start or join the meeting in Google Meet.
- Press Windows + G keyboard shortcut to open Game Bar.
- Press Windows + Alt + R keyboard shortcut to start recording Google Meet video call.
- To stop the recording, press Windows + Alt + R again.
Way 4. Record Video Meeting on Google Meet with Camstudio
Another top free video capture software for Windows 10 is Camstudio. You can use this tool to record anything on your computer screen including the Google Meet video.
- You can download this software from its official website.
- Click Region tab to choose the meeting window to record.
- Click the red REC button to start recording the video meeting.
- Click Stop button to stop the recording.
Way 5. Record Google Meet Video Calls with Screencast-O-Matic
Screencast-O-Matic is also a top free screen recorder for Windows 10. This Google Meet recorder allows you to record any area on your screen and allows you to record audio from speakers and microphones. It also embeds a video editor letting you edit Google Meet recording files. Learn how to record Google Meet with Screencast-O-Matic below.
- Go to its official website and install its launcher.
- Launch the program and select to record screen, record webcam, or record both.
- Select a resolution for the recording video. You can custom the recording size and select the Google Meet window to record.
- Click the red Rec button to begin recording the video conference on Google Meet.
- Click Stop to end the recording.
To do the Google Meet recording, you can use the recording feature of Google Meet app. Alternatively, you can also try other third-party free screen recorders to record a Google Meet conference video.
Should you have any problems with using MiniTool Software or want to know more about its products, you can go to its official website or contact [email protected].