An MP2 file is a MPEG Layer II compressed audio file. This post will give a brief introduction about MP2 files, several ways to convert MP4 to MP2, and MP2 players to open MP2 files. Just check this post now!
What Is an MP2 File
A file with the .mp2 file extension is an MP2 file, a MPEG Layer II compressed audio file. This file format uses MPEG-1 Layer II compression to reduce the file size. It is replaced by the MP3 format now, but it’s still a standard format used for digital radio and digital television broadcasts.
And please keep in mind that an MP2 file does not refer to the MPEG-2 video file, and it’s an audio format that used MPEG Layer II compression.
Want a free MPEG video converter for your Windows? MiniTool Video Converter is recommended here.
What is a XESC file? How to open these files? Can you turn XESC to MP4? How to convert XESC to MP4? Look through this post and you’ll find answers!
How to Convert MP4 to MP2
Sometimes, you may want to extract audio from MP4 and save it as an MP2 file. How to convert MP4 to MP2 for free? This part will introduce 2 MP4 to MP2 converters. With them, you can convert MP4 to MP2 free online without downloading any software.
Convertio is a versatile online file converter to convert videos, images, audio files, documents, and more. And it’s also an MP2 converter that can convert many files from or to MP2.
And the free file conversion service supports the maximum file size of up to 100MB each and 2 files for batch conversion. And in 24 hours, you can convert 10 files at most.
Here’s how to convert MP4 to MP2 using Convertio.
- Go to the Convertio website, click the Choose Files to upload MP4 file from your computer, or Dropbox, or Google Drive.
- Click the to button, go to Audio, and select the MP2. Then you can click the Settings icon to choose another bitrate, frequency, volume, etc.
- Tap the Convert to start conversion. Once done, click the Download to save the MP2 file.
MP4.to is an online MP4 converter that can convert or to MP4, like MP4 to MP2, WMA to MP4, MP4 to GIF, and more. Below are steps to convert MP4 to MP2 using MP4.to.
- Navigate to the MP4.to website, click the MP4 to MP2 in the Convert from MP4
- Click the Choose Files to add your MP4 file from your computer, and click the Upload.
- Then this tool will automatically convert MP4 to MP2. Once done, click the file to download it.
How to Play MP2 Files
How to play MP2 files? MP2 files are compatible with many audio players like VLC. Here’s the list of MP2 players that can play MP2 files.
- Windows Media Player (Windows)
- VLC Media Player (Windows, macOS, Linux)
- GOM Player (Windows, macOS)
- Apple iTunes (Windows, macOS)
- RealNetworks RealPlayer (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Adobe Audition (Windows, macOS)
- Nullsoft Winamp (Windows, macOS)
However, sometimes you need to convert MP2 to MP3 to play it on some devices because not all audio players or devices support MP2 files. You can also try Convertio to convert MP2 to MP3.
What is a PPSX file? How to open a PPSX file? Can you turn it into MP4? How to convert PPSX to MP4? This post has all of the answers you want to know!
After reading this post, you’ve learned what an MP2 file is and how to convert MP4 to MP2 as well as several MP2 players. If you want to share more about MP2 file, just leave your comments below.