Acer is a Taiwanese multinational hardware and electronics corporation; its laptops appeal to a large number of users till now. MiniTool Solution, as a professional software manufacturer, has released a series of practical software to help people solve software-related problems on PC, ensure data integrity & security, and improve the computer's overall performance.
Acer is one of the most popular hardware and electronics manufacturers; it released a lot of products for people to choose from: laptops, Chromebooks, desktop PCs, monitors, and projectors for office, home & entertainment use. Acer laptops, desktops, and Chromebooks are used widely throughout the world; they have many loyal fans.
Take Screenshot on Acer Laptop
When your Acer laptop runs into a problem, you can search the error code online for causes and fixes of the problem. If you don’t see any error codes or messages, you can describe your situation online to find possible solutions to fix the issue.
Screenshots Record Important Information for You
Well, what if you can’t remember the stop code, the error code, or the error message appeared on your Acer laptop? A wonderful way to record it is by taking a screenshot on Acer. Well, the question is how to screenshot on Acer; several easy and free methods for taking screenshots on Windows will be introduced in the next part.
If you want to know more details about the Acer recovery tools and methods, please read this page with care.
Method 1: Use the Print Screen Key
Taking a look at the keyboard you’re using carefully, you’ll find there’s a key named PrtScn, PrtSc, PrntScrn, Print Scr, Prt Scrn, Print Scrn, Pr Sc, etc. As the name suggests, this button can be used to take screenshots on your Windows computer.
Using the Print Screen key is the fastest and easiest way to screenshot on Acer. But you need to notice that it also has an obvious downside: you can’t edit a screenshot conveniently.
How to Take a Screenshot on Acer Windows 7
If you’re still running the old Windows 7 operating system on your Acer laptop, you should press the Print Screen button on the keyboard to take a screenshot and then paste the image to an opening app (Word, Notepad, etc.) by pressing Ctrl + V.
How to Screenshot on Acer Windows 10 (Or Windows 8)
If you’re running Windows 8 or Windows 10 on the laptop, you can use the above steps to take a screenshot and save the image manually. However, there’s a more convenient way to take screenshot on Acer; it won’t require you to save the screenshot image manually.
How to screenshot on Acer laptop Windows 10:
- Decide what you want to capture.
- Press Print Screen + Windows and the screenshot will be took & saved automatically.
- Go to check the image in the Pictures library on your Acer laptop.
Some users may find pressing the Print Screen key doesn’t take a screenshot for them. Why? That is because some Acer laptops have an Fn function key on the keyboard. In this case, pressing Fn + Print Screen is the correct answer to how to take screenshot on Acer.
How to Find Acer Screenshots on Windows 10/8
As mentioned just now, the screenshots taken by pressing Print Screen + Windows on Windows 10 or Windows 8 will be saved automatically to the Pictures library. How do you find them? Where is the exact storage path?
The default storage path of the screenshot images on Windows 10/8 is C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots.
- You should first open File Explorer on your PC.
- Then, navigate to the location manually to open the Screenshots folder.
- Also, you can copy & paste this path into the top address bar and press Enter to open the folder directly.
Another way to see your screenshots on Windows is: opening the Photos app -> shift to Folders -> select Pictures -> click Screenshots.
How to take screenshot of active window on Acer?
The above steps are effective for taking a screenshot of the entire screen on your Acer. However, some Acer users said they only want to take a screenshot of an active window on the screen sometimes. Is this possible? Luckily, there’s an easy workaround: pressing Alt + Print Screen, which allows users to capture any active windows.
- Browse the windows opening on your Acer laptop.
- Make sure the window you want to record is active. If it’s not, make it active now.
- Press Alt + Print Screen simultaneously on the keyboard.
- View & save the recorded image using either way mentioned above.
Method 2: Use MiniTool Video Converter
MiniTool Video Converter is an all-in-one tool to help users convert videos/audios, download & edit videos, and record computer screen in videos. It is easy-to-use and free, so many people like to use it.
Step 1: Download & Install the Free Converter
- Please download MiniTool Video Converter by clicking on the button below or from a reliable source.
- Navigate to the storage path you choose to save the converter and double click on the setup file.
- Click Install Now to install the software directly or click Custom Installation to select Language and Installation Path first.
- Wait for the process to end and click Start Now to launch the software.
Step 2: Use the Converter to Capture Acer Screen
How to capture your screen by using MiniTool Video Converter:
- Shift to the Screen Record tab at the top.
- Click on the record icon in the middle to open MiniTool Screen Recorder.
- Click on the down arrow to choose from Full screen and Select region.
- Open the window you want to capture.
- Click on the Record button on the right side to start.
- Wait for the 3-seconds countdown to finish.
- Press F6 to stop the record.
- Double click on the recorded video to play it or click on the Open folder icon in the lower left corner to view it in File Explorer.
Your Acer screen will be recorded in MP4 videos by default. You can change the output format and output folder by click on the Setting icon at the top right of the MiniTool Screen Recorder panel.
Please read this carefully to know how to record video on Windows 10:
Method 3: Use the Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool is a desktop app designed by Microsoft for Windows users to screenshot on Acer laptop or other laptops & desktops. It’s one of the useful tools built-in Windows since Windows Vista.
How to Open the Snipping Tool
There are 5 common ways to open the Snipping Tool on Windows.
Open from Start Menu
- Click on the Start button in the lower left corner or press the Start (Windows logo) button on your keyboard to bring up the Start menu.
- Click All Programs/All apps to expand the list (optional).
- Expand the Accessories or Windows Accessories folder.
- Select Snipping Tool from the list.
Use Windows Search
- Click on the search icon/box on the taskbar or press Windows + S to open the search panel.
- Type Snipping Tool into the textbox.
- Select it from the search result or press Enter to open.
Open via Run
- Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows + R or other ways.
- Type snippingtool into the textbox.
- Click OK or press Enter to open the tool.
Open from CMD
- Run Command Prompt as you usually do: for instance, press Windows + S, type cmd, and click Command Prompt.
- Type snippingtool.exe and press Enter.
Open from Windows PowerShell
- Right click on the Start button or press Windows + X.
- Select Windows PowerShell.
- Type snippingtool and press Enter.
This page will be very helpful if you want to take a screenshot on your ASUS laptop but don’t know how to do that.
How to Capture Your Screen with the Snipping Tool
You can configure the Snipping Tool manually and start to take a screenshot on Acer using it. You can choose one of these options after clicking Mode (or pressing Alt + M): Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, or Full-screen Snip.
How to screenshot on an Acer:
- Navigate to the window that contains the information you want to capture.
- Click New from the top menu bar of Snipping Tool.
- You can also press the Alt + N keys to take a new screenshot using the same mode you used last.
- Click and drag your mouse across the region you need.
- The screenshot will be displayed on your screen as soon as you release the mouse button.
- Click File from the menu bar and then select Save As.
- Also, you can press Ctrl + S to save the current screenshot or press Ctrl + C to copy it to the clipboard.
Method 4: Use Snip & Sketch
The Snip & Sketch is a new tool only available in Windows 10 and later versions. It can be regarded as the newest version of Microsoft’s Snipping Tool.
- Press Windows + S and type Snip & Sketch into the textbox.
- Also, you may type it directly into the search bar at the bottom of the screen if you have.
- Select the Snip & Sketch tool from the search result or press Enter to open it if it’s under Best match.
- Open the window that contains what you want to record.
- Click on the New button in the upper left corner to open the Snip panel or click on the down arrow after it to select from Snip now, Snip in 3 seconds, or Snip in 10 seconds.
- Choose a snip type from Rectangular Snip, Freeform Snip, Window Snip, and Fullscreen Snip.
- Click and drag your mouse pointer to select the screen portion you want to capture. If you select Fullscreen Snip, the screenshot will be taken at once automatically.
- Release the mouse button and your screenshot will be displayed in the Snip & Sketch tool automatically. It will also be saved to the clipboard temporarily if the Auto copy to clipboard feature is enabled, so you can press Ctrl + V to paste it inside an app.
- You can edit the screenshot according to your needs. (Optional)
- Click on the Save As icon at the top right or press Ctrl + S to save the screenshot to your Acer laptop.
More tips & skills:
- How open the Snip panel without opening the Snip & Sketch app first? You should press Windows + Shift + S on the keyboard.
- You can import an image and use Snip & Sketch to edit it.
- You can open the screenshot taken by Snip & Sketch in other apps like Windows Photo Viewer.
Method 5: Use Apps or Browsers
Some apps or browsers you installed on your Acer contain a feature to take the screenshot. You just need to navigate to the app/browser on your computer -> open it -> take a screenshot with the feature -> edit the screenshot if possible -> save the screenshot to a safe place.
How to Screenshot on Acer Chromebook
What if you’re using an Acer Chromebook? The methods and steps to take screenshot on Acer Chromebook are very different.
Capture the Full Screen on Acer Chromebook
Using keyboard combinations is the easiest way to capture the entire screen on an Acer Chromebook.
- Locate the Ctrl key and Show windows key (represented by a rectangle with two vertical lines) on your keyboard.
- Keep the window you want to capture on the screen.
- Press Ctrl + Show windows simultaneously to capture the entire screen.
Capture Part of the Screen on Acer Chromebook
If you don’t need the full screen of your Acer Chromebook – only a portion of it is useful, you can capture the full screen and then crop the screenshot with some tools. However, the better way is to capture a certain area of the screen by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Show windows on the keyboard and adjusting the screenshot area.
Where do the screenshots save on Chromebook?
A thumbnail of the snapshot will appear at the right bottom corner of the screen whenever you take a screenshot. You can click on it to view the image.
In addition, you can go to the Files app manually: click on the Launcher at the bottom left -> find the Files icon under the search box -> click on it to open file manager -> navigate to My files -> open Downloads.
What are the available ways to take a screenshot on HP? This page shows you how to screenshot on an HP laptop, desktop, or tablet easily.
If you don’t know how to screenshot Acer, this page will be very helpful for you. It introduces mainly 5 methods on how to take a screenshot on Acer laptop and then shows you 2 different ways to screenshot on Acer Chromebook.