Since MP3 is the most popular audio file format currently, and if you have some audio files in MP2 files and want to convert it to MP3, then you should try some MP2 to MP3 converters, which can help you to convert MP2 to MP3 successfully and quickly. In this post, MiniTool has listed 6 best MP2 to MP3 converters for you.
The audio file format is used to save digital audio data. And there are some common audio file formats including MP2, MP3, AIFF, WAV, FLAC. If you are looking for some MP2 to MP3 converters to convert MP2 to MP3, then you should read this post carefully.
Before we introduce the MP2 to MP3 converters, let’s get some information about MP2 and MP3 as well as MP2 vs MP3.
MP2 VS MP3
What Is MP2?
MP2 sometimes can be called Musicam or MUSICAM and it represents MPEG-1 Audio Layer II or MPEG-2 Audio Layer II, which aims to reduce the size of audio files.
As an audio file extension, you can find MP2 in music and sound files through MPEG Audio Stream. The MP2 format is a relatively standard format of audio files used in digital broadcasting and television broadcasting.
Popular MP3 components take advantage of loose compression algorithms that are mainly based on the .mp2 specification. Compared to .mp1, MP2 files are more compressed, but compared to .mp3, MP2 files are less loose.
The MP2 file type is different from the MPEG-2 video file. MPEG-2 video files usually use MPG as the file extension. You can play the MP2 audio files using the following programs:
- Apple iTunes
- RealNetworks RealPlayer Cloud
- Microsoft Windows Media Player
- Nullsoft Winamp
- VideoLAN VLC media player
What Is MP3?
MP3, which formally represents MPEG-1 audio layer III or MPEG-2 audio layer III, is a coding format for digital audio. It was originally defined as the third audio format of the MPEG-1 standard, but was later retained and further extended (defining additional bit rates and supporting more audio channels) as the third audio format of the subsequent MPEG-2 standard.
As the most popular audio file format, MP3 files adopt compression algorithms to reduce the overall file size. The MP3 format is also called the “lossy” format because compression is irreversible and some source’s original data will be lost during the compression process. However, there may still be pretty high-quality MP3 music files.
And as we have mentioned before, MP3 is the most common audio file format so you can open the MP3 files on almost all audio playback programs, including Windows Media Player and iTunes.
Differences Between MP2 and MP3
In MP2, data compression is less than MP3, which means that it is not easy to lose data. But it leads to larger file sizes. MP2 files compress audio signals at a ratio of 6: 1 and 8: 1, but MP3 files compress at a ratio of 10: 1 to 12: 1.
Because the MP3 file size is very manageable, the MP3 format is usually used for Internet apps, file sharing, and online downloads. On the contrary, the MP2 file size is much larger, so ordinary people cannot download them on their home computers.
However, the MP2 files are still used for radio, broadcasting, and transmitting audio files in other company environments. And as an updated and improved compression scheme, MP3 has better sound and higher efficiency, making it very popular among consumers.
How to convert M4P to MP3 free? Here are the top 9 M4P to MP3 converters listed in this post, and you can try them to convert M4P to MP3 for free.
How to Convert MP2 to MP3?
After you have got some information about MP2 and MP3, this part will introduce some MP2 to MP3 converters for you to convert MP2 to MP3.
How to convert MP2 to MP3 online for free? It is highly recommended to use Convertio, a completely web-based MP2 to MP3 converter. You can find various advanced tools on this website, such as Video Converter, MP3 Cutter, Slideshow Maker, Video Compressor, and so on.
Now let’s get some instructions to convert MP2 to MP3 with Convertio.
- Go to the Convertio website and then select Audio Converter by hovering the mouse on Convert.
- Click Choose Files to upload your MP2 file from your local computer, or you can also upload your MP2 file from Dropbox, Google Drive, or URL.
- Choose MP3 as the output file format, then click Convert to start the conversion.
Note: Convertio only allows you to upload files up to 100 MB without signing up.
- It aims to complete the conversions in under 1-2 minutes.
- It supports over 25,600 different conversions between more than 300 different file formats.
- All conversions are performed in the cloud, so no capacity of the computer will be consumed.
- It will automatically delete all uploaded and converted files after 24 hours.
Related post: Top 8 Best & Free FLAC to MP3 Converters
Speaking of converting MP2 to MP3 online, then AnyConv is a good choice. You can use it to convert MP2 to MP3 free. What’s more, you can use it to convert M4A to M4R. With this website, you don’t need to download any software to perform the conversion.
Now let’s see how to convert MP2 to MP3:
- Go to the AnyConv website, then click MP3 converter in the AUDIO
- Click CHOOSE FILE to upload the MP2 file from your computer. However, the maximum file size that AnyConv can convert is 50 MB.
- Choose MP3 as the output file format and then click CONVERT to begin the conversion.
- It supports converting more than 300 file formats.
- Your uploaded files are kept private.
- Your uploaded files will be deleted after the conversion and no one can access your files.
- The link of every converted file is unique.
- It allows you to convert image, document, audio, video, eBook, archive, font, cad, mesh.
Recommended post: How to Convert AMR to MP3? Top 4 Ways
3. Online Audio Converter
How to change MP2 to MP3 for free? Then you should use Online Audio Converter, a professional MP2 to MP3 converter. You can upload your files from your local computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, or by entering the URL.
- It allows you to convert more than 300 different file formats such as MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, OGG, MP2, and so on.
- It allows you to configure the quality, bitrate, frequency, and number of channels, apply reverse playback or fade in, and even delete sounds from the audio track.
- All your uploaded files will be deleted automatically.
- It allows you to convert several files at the same time in a batch.
Another free MP2 to MP3 converter is FreeConvert. FreeConvert is also an online MP2 to MP3 converter so there is no need to download software. All your files will be instantly converted once you upload them to the website.
There are various advanced tools on this website, such as video compressor, PDF compressor, image compressor, GIF compressor, and so on.
- It allows you to upload files from your local computer or by entering the URL.
- It allows you to convert image, document, unit, eBook, video as well as music.
- It allows you to convert files up to 1 GB.
FileZigZag also allows you to convert MP2 to MP3 online for free. This web-based MP2 to MP3 converter is easy to use and offers you an intuitive interface. In addition, it allows you to convert a wide range of formats such as audio, video, image, document, eBook, and archive. If you don’t want to download and install any software, then FileZigZag is a nice choice.
Here is how to use FileZigZag to convert MP2 to MP3:
- Go to the FileZigZag webpage and enter its homepage.
- Click Drop your files hereto choose the MP2 file you want to convert.
- Choose MP3 as the file format that you want to convert to under the Files to convert
- Click Start Convertingto begin the MP2 to MP3 conversion.
- All uploaded files will be deleted after 30 minutes unless they are submitted as feedback and then they will be deleted after 30 days.
- It can recognize more than 180 file formats and it can perform more than 3150 different conversions.
- It allows you to convert up to 10 files every day for free with the file up to 50 MB.
- It supports converting more than one file at once.
- No need to download software.
Related post: How to Convert MP3 to OGG for Free
MP3Cutter can also allow you to convert MP2 to MP3 online, and this free online file converter is 100% web-based, so you don’t need to install any software to convert MP2 to MP3. You can open this website on all major browsers and even mobile browsers.
Here is a quick guide on how to convert MP2 to MP3 using this converter:
- Open the MP3Cutter website and then click the Audio Converter
- Input the MP2 file that you want to convert by clicking Choose File, or you can upload the files by entering the URL.
- Choose MP3as the output file format and then click Convert to begin the conversion.
- All your uploaded files will be automatically deleted after 24 hours.
- It allows you to edit the target format’s audio quality, bit rate, and fade in/out options.
- It supports batch file conversion.
Recommended Video Converter – MiniTool Video Converter
You may have video or audio files in other file format, and if you want to convert the video or audio files to other format, then you can try to use MiniTool Video Converter. It supports you to perform the conversions offline.
- It supports more than 1000 output formats.
- It enables you to perform batch video conversion at once.
- It is free and there are no ads.
- It allows you to download videos and audios from YouTube.
How to convert MP2 to MP3 online for free? This post offers you 6 wonderful MP2 to MP3 converters and each of them is simple to use. If you have other better converters, send an email via [email protected] or leave a comment below.
MP2 to MP3 FAQ
You can convert WAV to MP3 using desktop MP3 converters or web-based online converters, which have been listed below. And if you want to get detailed information, it is recommended to read this post - How to Convert WAV to MP3 for Free - Top 3 Ways.
- Windows Media Player
- MiniTool Movie Maker
- Online Audio Converter
You can use the desktop converter (MiniTool Movie Maker) and the online converter (Cloud Convert) to convert M4A to MP3, and if you want to get full instructions to convert M4A to MP3, you should read this post - How to Convert M4A to MP3? 3 Free Ways You Can't Miss.
Of course, you can convert a CDA file to MP3. There are several methods you can try:
- Change extension name to .mp3.
- Rip the CDA files using Windows Media Player.
- Convert a CDA file to MP3 using iTunes.
- Use Any Audio Converter.
Files containing .cda file extensions store CD audio track shortcuts. CDA files are small (44 bytes) virtual files created by the Microsoft Windows operating system for each track associated with an audio CD. You can open a CDA file using the following programs:
- Apple iTunes
- Microsoft Windows Media Player
- Nullsoft Winamp Media Player 5.6
- VideoLan VLX Media player