You can watch Facebook videos online with good internet connection. Still, you can also utilize a free Facebook video converter & downloader to download and convert Facebook videos to MP4 or MP3 to save to your computer for offline playback.
This post lists top 6 free Facebook video converter & downloader for your reference. Check them below and learn how to save Facebook videos to computer or mobile in MP4/MP3 for offline playing whenever you want.
Top 6 Free Facebook Video Converters
- MiniTool Video Converter
- MiniTool MovieMaker
Top 6 Free Facebook Video Converters to MP4/MP3
1. FBDOWN.net (Online)
FBDOWN.net is a free online Facebook video downloader service. You can use it to easily save Facebook videos to your computer or mobile without installing a software.
This Facebook video converter works on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS phones and tablets. It also offers a free Chrome extension named Video Downloader PLUS that allows you to download videos from most popular websites. You can find this free video downloader extension in Chrome Web Store.
Check below how to download and convert Facebook videos to MP4/MP3 with FBDOWN.net. The operation is a little bit different for computer and mobile.
- Open Facebook website in your Chrome browser, and locate the Facebook video you’d like to download to PC.
- Next right-click the Facebook video and click Copy video URL.
- Open FBDOWN.net website and paste the video link to the address box, and click Download button.
- Then click Download Video in Normal Quality or Download Video in HD Quality, and the Facebook video should start downloading. If it doesn’t start, you can also right-click the video and click Save as to start downloading the Facebook video to PC.
- Usually all downloaded Facebook videos are saved under Downloads folder on Windows or Mac computer.
FBDOWN works well on Android using Chrome browser. But on iPhone/iPad, you should download Firefox browser app first.
- After you install Firefox app, you can open Facebook app on your iPhone/iPad and find the Facebook video to click Share Now -> Copy Link.
- Next open Firefox app and go to FBDOWN.net website.
- Paste the Facebook video link and click Download.
- Then you can tap and hold Download Video in Normal Quality or Download Video in HD Quality option and tap Download Link to store the Facebook video to mobile.
- You can find the downloaded Facebook videos under Downloads from Firefox menu. You can also press Ctrl + J in browser to view the download history.
This free online service doesn’t allow you to choose the video format to download. If the downloaded Facebook video is not in MP4 format, you can utilize the free Facebook video converter, MiniTool Video Converter or MiniTool MovieMaker, to easily convert the downloaded Facebook video to MP4 or MP3.
2. MiniTool Video Converter (Windows 10)
Facebook Video Formats:
Generally it’s recommended MP4 or MOV format when uploading video to Facebook. But based on Facebook website official post, it supports uploading videos in the formats below:
MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV, M4V, ASF, WMV, M2TS/MTS, MOD, TOD, TS, MPEG, MPE, MPEG4, MPG, DAT, DIVX, DV, F4V, GIF, QT, OGM, NSV, VOB; 3GP, 3G2, 3GPP (especially for mobiles).
Therefore, you can upload various videos to Facebook incl. videos recorded by cameras/camcorders. Accordingly, the downloaded Facebook videos could the formats above.
MiniTool Video Converter Free lets you convert any Facebook video to MP4 or other desired formats. It is a professional free video converter and audio converter. It supports converting between 1000+ video and audio formats. 100% clean and free. You can use MiniTool Video Converter to convert video or audio in 3 simple steps.
Step 1. Click “+” icon to load source Facebook video.
Step 2. Click Edit icon in Target section. Click Video or Audio category in the output window. Choose a specific video format like MP4 or audio format like MP3 as the target format.
Step 3. Click Convert button to start to convert Facebook video to MP4 or MP3. After it finishes the conversion, you can click Converted -> Show in folder to check the converted file.
3. MiniTool MovieMaker (Windows 10)
MiniTool MovieMaker allows you to easily convert Facebook videos to MP4/MP3. No matter you want to convert the downloaded Facebook videos to MP4 or convert other videos to MP4 for uploading to Facebook, you can use this free Facebook video converter to MP4 to easily realize it.
MiniTool MovieMaker allows you to:
- Convert various videos to MP4 with high quality.
- Convert various videos to other preferred video formats.
- Select output video quality, resolution, codec, etc.
- Extract audio from video and save as MP3.
- Trim video to remove unwanted parts.
- Split video into small clips.
- Merge videos into one file.
- Add subtitles/effects/transitions/motion to video.
- Add music to video.
- Load pictures and create vivid photo slideshow.
- 100% clean, free, and with no watermark.
- And more…
Free download and install MiniTool MovieMaker on your Windows computer and check how to use this free Facebook video converter to convert Facebook video to MP4 or convert video to MP4 for posting onto Facebook.
Step 1. Launch MiniTool MovieMaker to enter into the GUI of this software. Click Import Media Files to select the source video file to load it into this program.
Step 2. Next you can drag the video into the timeline. If you want to edit the video before conversion, you can freely do it. Then you can click Export button, and you can see the pop-up output preset window.
Step 3. Choose MP4 as the output format. If you want to adjust the video parameters, you can also click Settings and choose video quality, resolution, codec, bit rate. After that, click Export button to start converting Facebook video to MP4 for free.
4. Getfvid (Online)
This is also a top free Facebook video converter that allows you to convert videos from Facebook to MP4 or MP3, and download Facebook videos for free. It can work on computers, mobile phones and tablets. You can just enter the Facebook video URL in the text box of this website, and click the green Download button to save FB videos to your computer.
This free Facebook video downloader service also provides a Chrome extension. You can get Getfvid extension to your Chrome browser and save the Facebook video to PC. The extension also allows you to save FB live videos to your device after the streaming is done. Using this free Facebook video converter online is totally anonymous and it won’t keep track of or keep copies of any downloaded videos.
5. fbdownloader (Online)
You can also use this free online Facebook video downloading service to easily convert Facebook video to MP4. You can open Facebook in your browser and find the target Facebook video. Next right-click the video and copy the Facebook video URL to paste the link to the specified field of this service. Then click ‘Go’ icon, and right-click the Facebook video file to click ‘Save As’. It can save public Facebook videos in high quality MP4 format.
This free web service works across all platforms. You can use this free Facebook video converter service on your PC, Android, iPhone, iPad, tablets, etc. It is totally free to use and doesn’t need to install any third-party software.
6. savefrom.net (Online)
Like other free online services, you can paste the Facebook video link to this service to download and convert Facebook video to MP4 or MP3.
Alternatively, you can also install its free browser extension ‘SaveFrom.Net Helper’ and save preferred Facebook videos to computer without leaving the website. When you are watching a Facebook video, you can move your mouse on the video and a free button will appear. You can click the green download arrow and this Facebook video downloading extension will search for available formats and quality options. You can choose a preferred format and quality like MP4 HD or MP4 SD to start saving the Facebook video.
After the downloading, normally you can find the video in ‘Download’ folder on Windows, macOS and Linux computer. For browsers, you can find the video in the browser default download folder if you don’t change the browsing settings.
This free online video downloading service also provides free YouTube video downloader, Instagram video downloader, Twitter video downloader, Vimeo video downloader, SoundCloud downloader, etc.
How to Post Videos to Facebook
You may capture many marvelous videos with your phone or camera and want to share onto social websites. If you want to upload video to Facebook, you can check the easy guides below. Please make sure the video format is supported by Facebook before you upload. You can check Facebook supported formats in the prior paragraphs in this post. If the video is not supported, you can use the free MP4 converter – MiniTool MovieMaker – to convert the video to MP4 first.
How to share a video to Facebook from computer:
- Click Photo/Video in the Share box of your Facebook home page.
- Next navigate your computer hard drive to select the video you’d like to upload.
- After the video is appended to your post, you can further say something about this video in the Share box.
- Optionally you can also choose who can see this video: Public, Friends, Friends except…, Only Me, Specific friends.
- At last, you can click Post to share this video to Facebook.
How to post a video to Facebook from iPhone:
- Open Facebook app on your iPhone. And tap the Photo option of your mobile News Feed.
- Select the video from your iPhone video roll, and post the video to Facebook.
Facebook Video Uploading Requirements (Recommended)
When you try to upload a video to Facebook, it’s recommended you make your video meet the requirements below.
- Video format: MP4 (recommended)
- Video resolution: Do not exceed 1080p.
- Video file size: Maximum 10GB. It may need longer time to upload large videos if the internet connection speed is slow.
- Video length: Up to 240 minutes. Generally the longer the video, the large the file size. Therefore, it might affect the video quality and video uploading time.
- Audio format: AAC (128kbps or above recommended).
If you want to save favorite Facebook videos in MP4 or MP3, you can try the top 6 free Facebook video converters (online) introduced in this post.
If you have other questions or suggestions when using MiniTool MovieMaker or other MiniTool software like MiniTool uTube Downloader, MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool Partition Manager, etc. you can contact our professional tech support service: [email protected].
Facebook Video Converter FAQ
- You can go to one of the free online Facebook video downloader service introduced in this post.
- Find the Facebook video and right-click it. Select Copy video URL to copy the Facebook video link.
- Paste the Facebook video link to the service, and click Download.
- Choose MP4 HD or MP4 SD to extract the video from Facebook to computer.
You can try one of the free online Facebook video downloaders in this tutorial to easily download a Facebook video to your Android phone or tablet.
By utilizing a free service or tool like FBDOWN.net, Getfvid, savefrom.net, fbdownloader, etc. you can save Facebook video as MP4 to your computer with ease.
After the video streaming finishes, you can download Facebook live videos as HD or SD MP4 format to your computer.