WTV is the abbreviation of Windows Recorded TV Show, and a WTV file is a video file created by Windows Media Center, a media player and digital video recorder developed by Microsoft. This program is included in Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate editions but it isn’t included in Windows 10.
If you have some WTV files, you’ll find it difficult to find some video players to open them except VLC. And there’s nearly no video editor to edit WTV files. To make your WTV files more compatible, try the following video converters to convert WTV to MP4.
If you want to convert video from or to MP4 for free on Windows, MiniTool Video Converter is recommended here.
Convert WTV to MP4 with Handbrake
Handbrake is the first recommended WTV to MP4 converter. It is a free and open-source digital video converter available on Windows, macOS, and Linux. It supports most video formats and comm video files created by recording software. And Handbrake supports WTV to MKV and WebM.
Here’s how to convert WTV to MP4 using Handbrake.
- Open Handbrake on your computer.
- Click the File to add a single WTV file or click the Folder to upload multiple WTV files from a folder.
- In the Summary tab, go to Format, and select the MP4. Click Browse to choose an output folder and give it a name.
- Tap the Start Encode to convert WTV to MP4.
Convert WTV to MP4 with VLC Media Player
VLC is a free and open-source media player to play almost all media files. Another important feature of this program is to convert video files. It means VLC not only lets you view WTV files but also converts WTV to MP4, WebM, TS, ASF, MP3, etc.
- Launch VLC Media Player, click the Media > Convert/Save….
- Tap the + Add to add your WTV file, and click the Convert/Save.
- Choose Video – H.264 + MP3 (MP4) from the Profile dropdown list.
- Click Browse to select a destination folder and tap Start to convert WTV to MP4.
Also read: How to Fix VLC Won’t Play DVD – 5 Solutions
Convert WTV to MP4 with Prism Video Converter
Prism Video Converter is also a powerful video converter for Windows and macOS. It supports all popular video file formats and converts videos for many devices like iPhone, Playstation, Xbox, and more. And it supports batch conversion. Additionally, it allows you to trim and split videos, apply a color filter, preview new video files, convert DVDs, etc.
Here’s how the WTV to MP4 converter works.
- Download Prism Video Converter from NCH software, and open it after installation.
- Tap the Add File(s) to add your WTV files. To edit it, right-click it, and tap Edit Video….
- Click the dropdown of the Output Format, and select .mp4 from the list. Tap the Browse to choose a destination folder.
- Right-click on the blank area and click Select All to Files to select all WTV files, and tap Convert to convert them to MP4.
Convert WTV to MP4 with Convertio
If you want to convert WTV to MP4 online, Convertio is recommended here. Convertio is a versatile online file converter to convert videos, pictures, audio files, documents, and more. You can use it for free and without registration but with a 100MB maximum file size limit. Convertio is fast and simple to use, and it’s supported on all devices.
- Go to the Convertio website. (https://convertio.co/)
- Tap the Choose Files to add your WTV file or just drag it into the interface of Convertio.
- Click the output box beside to and click the Video > MP4.
- Hit the Convert to start the WTV to MP4 conversion. Then download the MP4 file.
Do you know what is an NSV file? How to open NSV files? How to convert it to MP4? Just look through this post now and you’ll get all answers.
Convert WTV to MP4 with OnlineConvertFree
OnlineConvertFree also enables you to convert videos, documents, images, and audio files online for free, and it’s also a good choice of WTV to MP4 converters.
- Visit the OnlineConvertFree website (https://onlineconvertfree.com/).
- Tap the CHOOSE FILE to upload your WTV video file.
- Select MP4 as the output format and click the CONVERT
With the 5 WTV to MP4 converters, you will find it easy to convert WTV to MP4. Just choose one and have a try!