Converting SWF to GIF is an efficient way to solve all Flash problems. To help you complete the conversion process, here summarizes the top 8 best SWF to GIF converters. If you need to convert video or audio files, try MiniTool Video Converter.
Part 1. SWF vs GIF
What is an SWF file?
Standing for Small Web Format, SWF is an Adobe Flash file format that contains videos and vector-based animations. This file format was created by Macromedia and now is owned by Adobe. It is generally used for multimedia, vector graphics and ActionScript.
What is a GIF file?
GIF is an abbreviation of Graphics Interchange Format and is a bitmap image format. There are two GIF formats: animated GIF and static GIF. GIF images are very suitable for expressing information and emotions.
Part 2. How to Convert SWF to GIF
Below is a list of the best software that can be used to convert SWF to GIF. Now, let’s get started to learn how to convert SWF to GIF with excellent SWF to GIF converters.
#1. SWF to GIF Animator
SWF to GIF Animator is a free tool that allows you to convert SWF to GIF. It is suitable for all types of SWF files (from long movies to short videos). You can set the resolution, background color, color depth, frame rate, and quality of the output GIF image. The program integrates a player that can play SWF and GIF files.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with SWF to GIF Animator:
- Free to download, install, and launch SWF to GIF Animator on your computer.
- Click the Open SWF option to import the SWF file that you want to convert to GIF.
- Adjust the settings for the output GIF according to your requirements.
- Click the Convert to GIF button to start the conversion.
- A user-friendly interface
- Handle all kinds of SWF files
- Set the resolution, frame rate, color depth, background color, dithering method of the output file
- Integrate a player for SWF and GIF playback
#2. Eltima SWF Converter
Eltima SWF Converter is an excellent SWF converter, allowing you to convert SWF to GIF (a series of images or an animated GIF) according to your convenience. If you choose to convert SWF to AVI, it will offer you the following options: crop the desired area of the video, customize the audio settings, set the video codec, and so on.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with Eltima SWF Converter:
- Download Eltima SWF Converter from the website, and then install and run it on your PC.
- Select either Convert one file or Convert many files.
- Click the Browse option to select the file(s) that you want to convert.
- Choose Convert to images from the Select output format.
- Specify where to save the converted file and choose GIF from the Available formats drop-down list.
- Tap on CONVERT to convert the SWF file to a GIF image.
- Lightweight software
- Multi-language support
- Convert SWF to a series of images or an animated GIF
- Convert SWF files to videos, images, SCR, EXE, and more
#3. SWF to GIF Animation Converter
SWF to GIF Animation Converter is another SWF to GIF converter that can quickly convert SWF to GIF without loss. During the SWF to GIF conversion process, it can completely preserve the effect of SWF files and provide a multi-level selection of quality to meet different requirements.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with SWF to GIF Animation Converter:
- Download, install and run SWF to GIF Animation Converter
- Click the Open button to add your SWF file for conversion.
- Customize the output GIF from the right control panel.
- Once finished, tap on the Run button, and the program will process the SWF to GIF conversion.
- Support GIF optimization and lossless compression
- Apply various effects to the output GIF images
- Customize resolution, quality, and output file size
- Recognize Script SWF files
- Export single images in any format from SWF files
#4. ThunderSoft SWF to GIF Converter
ThunderSoft SWF to GIF converter is a professional and powerful tool that can easily and efficiently complete the task of converting SWF to GIF. It enables you to import SWF files from your computer or download them from the Internet and convert them to GIF format with high quality.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with ThunderSoft SWF to GIF Converter:
- Get ThunderSoft SWF to GIF Converter from the website and launch it on your computer.
- Click the browser icon to add your SWF file under the Import tab.
- Optionally, crop the SWF file and add watermark, logo, copyright image onto the output GIF under the Edit tab.
- Switch to the Settings tab and specify the destination folder for the output GIF file.
- Once you’ve finished all the settings, tap on the Convert button.
- Apply image logo or watermark
- Support batch conversion
- Crop or trim the SWF file before conversion
- Offer customization options such as frame rate, resolution, play-speed, and canvas size
Related article: 6 Best SWF to MP4 Converters of 2020
#5. WonderFox SWF to GIF Converter
WonderFox SWF to GIF converter is one of the best conversion tools out there. This powerful program can convert all types of SWF files to GIF effortlessly. It offers customization options such as photo resize, fine-tuning for frames, and effects for each frame in the GIF image.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with WonderFox SWF to GIF Converter:
- Once you have installed the software, run it to get the main interface.
- Click the Open button to open your File Explorer and select the SWF file that you wish to convert.
- Customize the various options available for changing the output GIF settings.
- Once you’re done, select the Run button to start the conversion.
- Convert SWF to seriate pictures
- Enhanced customization options for the output file
- Keep quality and frame rate as same as the original SWF file
#6. 789Soft SWF to GIF Converter
Compatible with both Windows and Mac OSX, 789Soft SWF to GIF converter can convert your SWF files to GIF format in a professional way. It supports batch conversion and allows you to preview the output GIF file and adjust the output settings. You can also customize a lot of parameters.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with 789Soft SWF to GIF Converter:
- Run 789Soft SWF to GIF Converter on your PC.
- Click the Add Flash (swf) button to import your SWF file(s).
- There is a range of different options available for editing the output GIF on the bottom of the screen. Set these parameters if needed.
- Select the Convert button for a single SWF file or the Convert All button for batch processing.
- Support batch conversion
- Extract picture list or separate picture
- Preview the gif files before conversion
As the first SWF to GIF online converter on the list, CloudConvert is the simplest way to convert SWF to GIF because there is no need to download and install any software on your PC. Better yet, this online tool supports batch conversion to save time and energy.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with CloudConvert:
- Open the Select Files drop-down list and choose your preferred method to upload your SWF file.
- Select GIF as the output format.
- Click the wrench icon to customize the output GIF file.
- Hit the Convert button to start the conversion.
- Over 200 file formats are supported
- Support batch conversion to save time
- Offer a Chrome plug-in and an iOS app
Convertio is another free SWF to GIF online converter, suitable for all platforms. You can process up to 2 SWF files simultaneously and save the converted files to anywhere you want. It also provides advanced tools like MP3 Cutter, Video Cutter, Crop Video, Compress Video, etc.
Steps on how to convert SWF to GIF with Convertio:
- Open Convertio on your browser.
- Upload your SWF file to the program from the 4 available options – Choose Files, From Dropbox, From Google Drive, and URL.
- Select GIF as the output format and click the Convert button.
- After conversion, click Download to save the converted GIF file.
- Compatible with all platforms
- 300+ formats are supported
- Set quality, aspect ratio, and codec for output files
- Automatically delete uploaded files instantly and converted files after 24 hours
Part 3. What Is the Best GIF Editor
Most of the above SWF to GIF converters do not offer a GIF-editing feature. If you want to edit the GIF file after conversions, MiniTool MovieMaker is recommended.
MiniTool MovieMakerClick to Download100%Clean & Safe
MiniTool MovieMaker is a 100% free and safe GIF editor. With it, you can trim GIF, split GIF, add text to GIF, change GIF resolution, combine several GIFs into one, and convert GIF to other popular file formats as a professional GIF converter. It also comes with other excellent features as follows:
- Easily make videos or movies with cool templates.
- Offer numerous popular transitions and effects.
- Quickly split, trim and combine video & audio clips.
- Add audio to video.
- Add text (titles, captions, and credits) to video files.
- Convert video to audio files with high speed and high quality.
- Change video resolution to reduce file size.
- Speed up video, slow down video, or reverse video.
Among the above 8 methods to convert SWF to GIF, which one do you prefer? If you have any easier and faster approaches to recommend, please let us know via [email protected] or share them in the comments section below.
SWF to GIF FAQ
SWF, short for Small Web Format, is an Adobe Flash file format used for multimedia, vector graphics and ActionScript. To open this file format, you need Adobe Flash Player, Elmedia Player, or SWF File Player.
- Visit the Aconvert website.
- Click the CHOOSE FILE button to upload your SWF file.
- Select GIF as the output format.
- Tap on the Convert button to start the conversion.
- When the conversion process is complete, click the green DOWNLOAD button.
Although GIF is much more eye-catching than other image formats, it takes up much more space. Luckily, many animated GIF optimizers on the market can be used to compress GIF files, such as GIF Compressor, GIFReducer, Ezgif, FileOptimizer, etc.
- Navigate to FreeFileConvert on your browser.
- Select a method to import your SWF file.
- Choose the MP4 format from the drop-down list as the output format.
- Click the Convert button.
- Once completed, tap on the Download button to save it.