Are you looking for a MOV converter to convert MOV files? Don’t worry, this post summarized 10 best MOV converters you can use to change MOV video format. With them, you can convert MOV files online, on Windows and Mac.
What is MOV? MOV, developed by Apple, is a container format used to store media data. If you need to convert MOV to more standard file formats or turn other video files into MOV format, here introduce 10 MOV converters to you.
10 Best MOV Converters You Need to Know
- MiniTool Video Converter
- Prism Video Converter
- MiniTool MovieMaker
- Leawo Video Converter
- Any Video Converter
- Online Converter
4 Best MOV Converters for Windows
MiniTool Video Converter
If you are searching for a powerful and free MOV converter, you should give MiniTool Video Converter a try. It’s designed to convert over 1000 media file formats including video, audio, Vimeo and Dailymotion. It can upscale 1080p video to 4K or downscale 4K to 1080p. Meanwhile, you are able to convert multiple MOV files simultaneously.
This MOV file converter has a very high-speed conversion and can help with video conversion with zero quality loss. More importantly, the program is available for free and has no hidden costs. You can use it without worries.
- 100% free, no watermarks, no ads, no bundles, and no viruses.
- Support tons of input and output formats such as MOV, MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, M4V, AIFF, WAV, MP3, WMA, AAC, etc.
- Convert video and audio files in a batch.
- Download and convert YouTube videos to MP4, MP3, etc.
- Offer a faster speed conversion
FFmpeg is a free and open-source command-line-based conversion tool that can process multimedia files and streams. This free MOV video converter lets you do basic editing, scale video, and apply effects, not just for transcoding multimedia files. The supported formats are MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV, MP4, OGG, MPG, OGV, SWF, TS, AAC, AC3, FLAC, AU, WMA, etc.
- Free, open-source, and command-line-based.
- Include a video/audio codec library – libavcodec.
- Come with basic editing features.
- Contain over 100 codecs.
- Widely used by VLC Media Player, Shotcut, Plex, Kodi, Handbrake, Blender, YouTube.
You may also like: 11 Best FLV Converters to Convert FLV to Any Format
Prism Video Converter
This MOV converter can convert all video formats including MP4 to MOV, AVI to MOV, and MKV to MOV. Other than that, it allows you to convert ISO files to videos directly without needing to extract them. The program has serval functions for video editing like watermarking, applying effects, correcting color, rotating, splitting, trimming, compressing, and changing resolution.
With Prism Video Converter, you can convert any video to MOV you need with high quality and high-speed conversion. It’s compatible with both Windows and macOS but it’s not freeware.
- Support a wide range of video formats.
- Batch convert MOV files.
- Directly convert ISO to video and DVD to video.
- Let you set compression/ encoder rates, change video resolution and reduce file size.
- Give you the options to trim, split, rotate, watermark video and apply filters.
If you want to watermark your video, you can take a look at this post. It shows you different ways to make a watermark for your works.
Another best MOV converter for Windows is MiniTool MovieMaker. It’s a simple video editor as well as a video converter. You can use this program to create and edit videos and change video formats. It accepts the most popular video, audio and image formats.
Video formats: MOV, FLV, MKV, MP4, 3GP, MPG, AVI, VOB, WMV, and RMVB.
Audio formats: MP3, FLAC, M4R, WAV, M4A, AAC, AMR, and APE.
Image formats: BMP, ICO, JPEG, JPG, PNG and GIF.
The output formats can be MOV, MP4, AVI, F4V, MKV, TS, 3GP, MPEG-2, WebM, WMV, MP3 and GIF.
- Free and reliable with no watermarks.
- Convert MP4 to MOV, MP3 to MOV, MOV to MP4, MOV to MP3, MOV to MKV, etc.
- Feature all needed video editing tools like video speed changer, video reverser, and video cutter.
- Provide various video filters, motion effects (zoom in, zoom out), transitions and movie templates.
- Allow you to use Star Wars font in your video.
- Offer you the ability to extract MP3 from MP4, MOV, MKV and other formats.
Do you want to know how to convert VPJ to MP4? Here is the answer.
How do I convert VPJ to MP4 without VideoPad? How to convert VPJ to MP4? If you are troubled by the same question, read this post to find the answer.
4 Best MOV Converters for Mac
MOV is known as QuickTime File Format used natively by QuickTime framework. Thus, when it comes to MOV converter for Mac, QuickTime Player must be the ultimate choice. As its name implies, QuickTime Player is designed for multimedia playback. However, it also can be used to perform video conversion.
Besides converting MOV files, it has other useful functions such as screen recording and video editing.
- Included with macOS.
- Easy to understand interface.
- Support video playback and video conversion.
- Change the playback speed by 2x, 5x, 10x, 30x, or 60x.
- Let you record screen and edit videos.
Similar to QuickTime Player, iMovie is another free MOV converter that enable Apple users to convert MOV videos with ease. It was included for free with macOS, iOS, and iPadOS devices. When using this free MOV video converter, you can import the most common video formats (3GP, AVI, M4V, MOV, and MP4) and turn them into MOV format.
As a professional video editor, iMovie allows you to create, split, cut videos files and transfer the project files across devices.
- Free for Apple users.
- Simple to use.
- The input media file can be audio, video and image.
- Common file formats are supported.
- Can be used as a MOV converter.
Related article: How to Add Music to iMovie Videos 2020
Leawo Video Converter Pro
This paid MOV converter is capable of turning video, audio, DVD, and recorded video into more than 100 formats including MP4, MKV, MOV, FLV, and AVI without quality loss. Also, it supports converting 2D to 3D, DVD to video, and DVD to audio. Furthermore, you could get an easier and faster way to create a slideshow, record streaming audio/video, and play 3D movies.
Like iMovie, Leawo Video Converter Pro packed with powerful video editing features to allow you to crop video, trim video, flip video, add watermark and adjust video and audio parameters.
- Best MOV converter for Mac to change MOV formats.
- Easily create a slideshow, record screen activities, record videos with webcam, and rip video from DVD.
- Help you create 3D movies in various 3D effects.
- Include a set of video editing tools.
- Let you add external subtitles to videos. See also: 5 Best Places to Download Game of Thrones Subtitles Free | 2020
Any Video Converter
With Any Video Converter, MOV files can be converted into any video format. Of course, you can input any video files and convert them to MOV format as well. This MOV converter is compatible with over 200 formats. Its conversion speed is 30 times faster than other converters. Then you can use it to convert MOV files in no time. In addition, the output video files can be optimized for mainstream devices.
More than that, you can make use of this MOV video converter to download online videos from over 100 websites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Niconico, and Metacafe. Also read: The Top 4 Ways to Download Embedded Videos
- Over 20 formats are supported.
- Convert MOV files for various devices.
- Some video editing tools are available.
- Can download video and audio from YouTube and other 100+ websites.
2 Best Online MOV Converters
Online Converter is a well-known online free MOV converter. Except for converting MOV files, other free online conversion services are available. By using this online converter, you can convert video, audio, image, document, eBook and unit for free.
Besides video conversion, it gives you the ability to edit videos such as merge video, resize video, cut video, add music to video, watermark video, repair video and many more.
- Free and web-based.
- Support converting various file types.
- Some basic video editing tools are offered.
- Can convert MOV for Android, iPhone, iPad, Mobile, PSP and Kindle.
Another free online MOV converter is Convertio. It’s compatible 300+ formats and offers over 25600 different conversions. You can upload MOV files from your computer, Dropbox, Google Drive and URL. However, the biggest problem is that the uploaded video file is limited to 100 MB.
- Free and web-based.
- Support thousands of conversions.
- Let you upload video files from multiple sources.
- Offer advanced options for conversions.
How to Convert MOV Files
The top 10 MOV converters are mentioned above. In this part, I’m going to show you how to convert MOV files with MiniTool Video Converter.
Here’s a detailed guide on how to convert MOV files with the best free MOV converter.
Step 1. Download and install MiniTool Video Converter on your computer.
Step 2. After installing the converter, launch it to get the main interface.
Step 3. Next, find the Add Files button and click on it to open the File Explorer window.
Step 4. Choose the MOV files you’d like to convert.
Step 5. Tap on the Convert all files to button and select the desired output format from the pop-up window.
Step 6. When you are ready, press on Convert to start converting MOV files.
Step 7. Once the conversion is finished, you can find the converted file in the Converted tab. Then check the files by clicking Show in the folder.
This post offers you 10 best MOV converters. I hope you can find the one that suits you best! If you encounter some problems when using MiniTool Video Converter, please contact us via [email protected] or leave a comment in the comments area.
MOV Converter FAQ
- Visit the Convertio website.
- Load the MOV file from your device.
- Then select MP4 format as the output format.
- Convert MOV to MP4.
- When the MOV to MP4 conversion is over, download the MP4 file from the website.
- Go to YouCompress or other video compression website.
- Upload the MOV file and compress it.
- After that, download the compressed MOV file to your device.